Monday, August 20, 2012

At the Beach

My middle son Jonathan asked if we could go to the beach tonight after I finished working. It was 6pm and I decided what the heck, let's go!

I took my two boys down to the beach with my friend's older daughter. We went to La Jolla Shores.

When we were making the left hand turn to go down to the ocean I realized that I had not been on this street since the time I took Eddie there back in April. It was on that street that Eddie told me he was not afraid to die. He told me that he did not think he was going to get better. He said he was going to go home and live with Jesus. I asked him if he was scared to die and he simply said: "No I am not afraid to die Jennifer."

Dang I wish I could be 1/8 as brave as Eddie! He truly was the MAN. Paul use to say to Eddie "You're the man Eddie!" and Eddie would laugh and say "Yeah I'm the man or No, you're the man dad!"

Eddie you ARE the man!

When I was at the beach today I made a promise to myself that I would go there more often because what the heck right? It is 10 minutes from my house! I know Eddie would have been at the beach everyday if he was in control of getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment