Sunday, July 29, 2012

I have been looking

for this picture for a while.  It was taken at Eddie's center when they were having a Halloween party and obviously he was Elvis.  My mom did not have any Elvis music, so she brought a cd Eddie had made a few years earlier.  I remember her giving the cd to someone so it could get played for all his friends.  Within minutes,the cd plays and Eddie is singing his version of Elvis'song, "Blue Christmas." Every time I hear Elvis, it kinda reminds me of Eddie and how great he looked. The glasses were a great touch, but the microphone he had just made his costume perfect.  If my mom hadn't begged me to go, I probably would have had an excuse to stay home. I would have missed the chance to see how great Eddie looked and how happy he was that we stopped by. It makes me smile knowing that Eddie always had that "Elvis hair," even when it wasn't for a costume and I have to giggle thinking about the time we spent at his center.  My mom and I have a few inside jokes from that day and I am really glad I got to share a special moment with my amazing brother. I am wondering if my memorial tattoo for Eddie should somehow include Elvis..I know if I do then it will always make me smile.

1 comment: